Joy happens in the most unexpected ways. In my experience, it can come as swiftly as the wind passing through the trees and it can come without warning like the summer rain.
- Joy happens in the midst of despair when you feel like your world has ended and you finally find your light home.
- Joy happens in the moment you help another person fall deeply in love with their faith.
- Joy happens in that moment when you’re helping prisoners and their families come a little bit closer to Christ. It comes in the moment of healing when the long periods of separation are finally over.
- Joy happens in that single moment when you’re alone in a foreign land and are reminded of home. When you hear your native tongue and are reminded that the language of the heart can reach the loneliest soul.
- Joy happens at the altar when two people say “I do” and go forward to carry Christ’s cross together.
- Joy happens in an overcrowded delivery room when a newborn cries. It’s the moment when you’re holding the precious fruit of your womb for the first time and realizing how beautiful a gift God has given.
- Joy happens when the most unexpected friendships are formed and they last a lifetime.
Joy happens the very moment you say, “I am totally yours” to God. It’s the moment when you realize that you are loved far beyond your wildest dream by a God who would create the world again just to hear you say, “I love you.” Everyday, every moment, is a wonderful adventure with Christ, yes?